WHO ARE WE?
The Massachusetts Music Educators Association is a state-wide 501(c)(3) non-profit organization of over 1500 members. It is a federated state chapter of the National Association for Music Education, which has over 75,000 active, retired and pre-service music educators as members, and an additional 60,000 honor students and supporters.
MMEA will continue to be the definitive, influential voice for music as an essential part of core education throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
MMEA seeks to support comprehensive, quality music education for all students, through advocacy, professional development, and a commitment to lifelong learning.
The purpose of MMEA is to:
1. Advocate and promote the advancement of music education through the schools of the Commonwealth and other educational institutions or organizations;
2. Provide enrichment opportunities in music for students through District and All-State honor groups;
3. Secure greater recognition for music as an integral part of the school curriculum;
4. Encourage music activities among the schools of the Commonwealth by means of festivals, clinics, and other related events;
5. Promote professional growth among its members.