Deadline: May 4 -- All-National Honor Ensembles
All-National Honor Ensembles
November 25-28, 2018
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
The application/audition process for the 2018 All-National Honor Ensembles, sponsored by The National Association for Music Education, is currently open through May 4, 2018 at 9:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time. All students who were accepted AND participated in the Massachusetts Music Educators Association All-State Festival March 1-3, 2018 and who meet the audition requirements outlined below, are eligible to apply.
- Jazz Ensemble, conducted by Todd Stoll
- Mixed Choir, conducted by Dr. Amanda Quist
- Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Dr. Jean Montès
- Concert Band, conducted by Dennis Glocke
- Guitar New this year, conducted by Dr. Michael Quantz
New for 2018, NAfME is sponsoring an All-National Guitar Honor Ensemble. As Massachusetts MEA does not currently have an all-state guitar ensemble, students who participate in their school guitar ensemble are permitted to apply.
Further details can be found at the NAfME website: https://nafme.org/programs/all-national-honor-ensembles/.
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11. during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, guitar, or instrumental ensemble during the 2018-2019 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- Be accepted to their state’s 2017-2018 All-State Festival.
- In the case of guitar, many states do not have an All-State Guitar Ensemble. Students who participate in their school’s guitar ensemble program are permitted to apply.
- If there isn’t an All-State Festival held during the 2017-2018 academic year, the 2016-2017 Division Festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state Music Education Association (MEA) does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) program is made by the student’s state Music Education Association (MEA). Please reach out to your state MEA with eligibility questions.
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
- You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the REQUIRED REPERTOIRE for your instrument or voice part.
- Wind and Brass instruments are automatically considered for both Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Please note there is an option to upload an additional 2-minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. This second video is not required.
- This must be a VIDEO audition.
- Email: HonorEnsembles@nafme.org