Register to Attend
This page contains information on fees, membership, registration requirements, payment options, and hours of operation for on-site registration.
Register for the Conference online on our
secure webpage: https://confreg.massmea.org.
Registration is non-transferable and non-refundable. Consideration for a refund in the event of a family emergency must be appealed to the Executive Director.
|Registration Type||Early Registration *||On-Site Registration|
|Clinician (must register by 12/31/18)**||$100||N/A|
|NAfME Collegiate Member||$10||$10|
|Saturday Only (8 AM - 2 PM)||$75||$75|
*Early registrations must be received by February 1, 2019.
**Clinicians and Panel Moderators must register for the conference in advance at the reduced fee of $100.
Graduate Credit Registration
Conference attendees may receive graduate credit for their participation through Gordon College's Graduate Music Education Program. Please visit http://www.gordon.edu/mmea for more information and to register online for grad credit. Please note that the graduate credit registration fee is not included in the conference registration fee.
Who Must Register for the Conference?
- Those attending sessions:
- parents of participating students, if the parents wish to attend conference sessions.
- Those participating in sessions. This includes:
- Panel members
- Clinicians (at the reduced rate of $100). The category of clinician includes:
b. moderators of panels, and
c. conductors of demo groups.
- Conductors of Casual Concerts register for the conference at the Clinician rate.
- Non-members who are asked to participate in a panel and who are not music educators, such as a Superintendent of Schools, president of a parent group, etc. If these persons wish to attend sessions other than the one(s) in which they are participating, they must register for the conference.
- Conductors of Concert Hours receive complimentary conference registration.
- Retired Member: Must have a valid NAfME retired member number.
- Collegiate Member: Must have a valid NAfME student number.
- Collegiate Non-Member: Must have a valid student ID, must be an undergraduate music student in a teacher education program at a college or university, and must not be employed full time as a teacher.
- Co-clinicians: No more than two persons total who are co-presenting a session; includes the primary clinician.
- Panel: Consists of at least three and no more than four members. The panel members must register as conference attendees. The moderator of the panel registers as a clinician.
- Demo Groups: Demo groups are small ensembles that present musical demonstrations as part of a session by a clinician. Due to space constraints we cannot accommodate ensembles larger than 20 musicians or singers. These are not performances.
Requirements for Demo Groups
- Demo groups must provide music stands and instruments.
- If a piano is needed it must appear in the session equipment request.
- Demo groups may not have audience members due to space constraints. They may, however, have a reasonable number (1-6) of chaperones in attendance.
- Conductors of demo groups are expected to register as clinicians or co-clinicians by the clinician registration deadline.
Who Must be a NAfME Member to participate?
- moderators of panels,
- conductors of demo groups,
- conductors of Casual Concerts,
- conductors of Concert Hours.
Early registration ends February 1, 2019. Forms and payment must be received by that date to qualify for the early registration discount.
|Day||Date||Registration Times||Registration Desk Location|
|Wednesday||Feb. 27, 2019||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM||World Trade Center, Plaza Level|
|Thursday||Feb. 28, 2019||7:00 AM - 3:00 PM||World Trade Center, Plaza Level|
|Friday||March 1, 2019||7:00 AM - 3:00 PM||World Trade Center, Plaza Level|
|Saturday||March 2, 2019||7:00 AM - 11:00 AM||World Trade Center, Plaza Level|