2022 All-State Festival Audition Information
Update 12/2/2021: Virtual audition instructions and scales posted
- Audition Registration
- Preparation for Auditions
- Governing Documents
For Festival Registration information, see the All-State Festival & Concert > Festival Registration page.
Virtual Audition Instructions
2022 All State Virtual Audition Instructions
Registration website link (URL)
Please use this link to register for All State Auditions: http://massmea.org/festival-reg.
For Festival Registration information and dates, please see the Festival Registration page.
Registration Login Procedure
In order to log in to register students for All-State auditions or the All-State Festival, your school's district code and password and your NAfME credentials are required, as follows:
- District Code: The username for each school is the District Code of your particular school - different for each High School. Just the District Code (4 digits) - the name of your school is not part of the username.
- Password: Unique to each school, and different from the password you use for District Auditions. If your school's contact person is the same as last year, you can retrieve your password using the "Forgotten Password" link on the registration page.
- NAfME ID: Your NAfME member number is required in order to log in.
- NAfME Primary Email address: This is the email address you gave to NAfME when you obtained or renewed your NAfME membership.
Please note: You can retrieve your NAfME credentials at any time by visiting https://nafme.org/wp-login.php.
Assistance: If you need assistance with your username/password, please email Rick Lueth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing the Registration Process
Once students have been registered online, appropriate fees, payment/PO's, and the signed principal form need to be mailed to Noreen Burdett at the MMEA PO Box (as noted on the principal form) by January 8, 2022. It is also recommended that you email a PDF copy of the forms to Noreen.
Each ensemble director that has a student submission must have a valid, active NAfME number. Please double-check when yours expires. It must be active through January 22 for auditions, and through March for the festival.
2022 All State Virtual Audition List
NOTE: Bass players -- Don't do the repeats on the Marcello.
All scale requirements will be in effect for the 2022 auditions, as shown below.
- Concert and Jazz woodwinds: E major, c# harmonic minor, and chromatic
- Concert and Jazz brass: Ab major, f harmonic minor, and chromatic
- Jazz Piano, Jazz Guitar, Jazz String Bass, Jazz Vibe: E major, c# harmonic minor, and chromatic
- Violin: E major, c# melodic minor
- Viola, Cello, String Bass, Harp: A major, f# melodic minor
- Vocal: Soprano/Tenor - E major, Alto - A major, Bass - G major
- Concert percussion and Jazz drums: scales are not required
Bass Clarinet |
Alto Sax |
Tenor Sax |
Trumpet | French Horn | Trombone | Bass Trombone | Euphonium TC | Euphonium BC | Tuba
Jazz Alto Sax | Jazz Tenor Sax | Jazz Baritone Sax | Jazz Trumpet | Jazz Trombone | Jazz Bass Trombone
Jazz Piano | Jazz Guitar | Jazz Vibe | Jazz Bass (11/18)
Harp | Harp Arpeggio
Violin | Viola (6/17) | Cello (6/17) | String Bass (11/18)
Vocal Scale Sheet