The New Bedford Public Schools is seeking a dynamic music teacher to join our team of middle school arts educators. This position includes teaching general music classes to grades 6-8, as well as Strings. Other job responsibilities may include after-school music clubs which will be assigned based on teacher/student interest and will have additional compensation in the form of a stipend.
A qualified applicant will:
• hold Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education license as an Academic: Teacher, Music: Vocal/Instrumental/General, All Levels
• possess knowledge of secondary music education methods including choral pedagogy, general music, and the ability to navigate basic music technology software and applications.
• have experience directing student bands and preparing for a range of shows and concerts.
• have experience designing and implementing engaging lessons, units and assessments in that correlate to the MA Frameworks for Music
• have positive classroom management techniques, be responsive to student diversity, enjoy working in an urban setting
• have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with colleagues, administrators and parents
Apply on schoolspring.com JOB ID: 3007262