POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced cello instructor with outstanding abilities to teach students of all ages. The current string department is comprised of twenty-two faculty members who teach private lessons, coach chamber music, and run orchestra sectionals.
- Teach private lessons.
- Teach group classes based on department need.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Explore opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Saturday availability preferred.
START: Summer or Fall 2019
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing
together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over
900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early
childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra,
music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for
strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Daniel Acsadi
Director of Music
Powers Music School
PO Box 398
Belmont, MA 02478