POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced Suzuki cello instructor with outstanding abilities to teach students of all ages. The current string department is comprised of twenty-four faculty members who teach private lessons, coach chamber music, and run orchestra sectionals. The Suzuki program encompasses four violin teachers, as well as cello and guitar teachers and over 70 students.
- Teach private lessons.
- Teach group classes based on department need.
- Meet regularly with Suzuki faculty.
- Collaborate with Suzuki faculty for group classes, recitals, and special events.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Explore opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Potential opportunities to work with the school’s community and summer programs.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Minimum Book 2 Suzuki certification; Book 4 certification preferred.
START: Fall 2019
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over 900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra, music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.