ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THROUGH SCHOOLSPRING
Reports To: Director of Visual & Performing Arts
High School Principal
Middle School Principals
Seeking full-time Choir/Music Teacher for the established vocal music program in the Billerica Public School system in Billerica, MA. Looking for an energetic, talented individual able to work with and inspire students from grades 5-12.
Teach combined middle school choruses (5-7)
Teach at our newly opened Billerica Memorial High School (8-12), daily choirs include:
Concert Choir, Acapella, Tenor/Bass Choir, Treble Choir, Chamber Singers
Desire to assist with musical theatre productions a plus
Acute technology skills a plus
Strong piano skills a must
1. Demonstrates techniques to students in choral music concepts.
2. Develops clear and concise instructional lesson plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of preparation, instruction, and rehearsal time.
3. Provides individual and small group instruction and adapts the curriculum to the needs of students with varying abilities.
4. Uses a variety of instructional techniques and musical repertoire appropriate for the ages and skill level of students.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and creates a safe, orderly, and effective environment for learning during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
6. Arranges opportunities for students to present musical performances both during and after school hours.
7. Plans, rehearses and directs students in musical programs for the school and community.
8. Organizes storage areas and controls the use of materials and equipment.
9. Evaluates student performance and growth in knowledge and understanding, and prepares regular progress reports.
10. Conferences regularly with parents/guardians regarding behavior observations and the performance of students.
11. Attends staff development programs, curriculum development meetings, and other professional activities.
12. Keeps abreast of developments, research, and new technology in the field of music education.
13. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Director of Visual & Performing Arts and/or Principal.
Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred
Valid Massachusetts Educator License - Music: Vocal/Instrumental/General