The MUSIC MAKES ME HAPPY Chorus of Concord, MA announces that a Piano Accompanist position is available beginning September 1, 2022. The job description includes the following:
- piano accompanying at weekly rehearsals (currently Monday evenings) Sept. thru June and at performances several times a year
- ability to transpose music to different keys, and to transcribe songs from audio recordings
- some song leading/teaching
- providing friendship and support for the chorus members
- coordinating with the Music Director (weekly or as needed)
* Before applying, we ask that you visit our website and watch the promo video to get a sense of our organization. We are not a traditional four-part chorus; we usually sing in unison and only occasionally in two parts or in rounds. While always working to get better as a chorus, our primary mission is to enrich the lives of our special needs adults and to bring joy and an uplifting message to our audience members. Our chorus motto is: "Making the world happier one song at a time".