POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced Suzuki violin instructor to join a collaborative and growing Suzuki community teaching students age 3 ½ and up. The current string department consists of twenty-four faculty members who teach private lessons, coach chamber music, and run orchestra sectionals. The Suzuki program encompasses four violin and guitar teachers with over 70 students.
- Teach private lessons and group classes based on department need with the flexibility of teaching online or in-person lessons.
- Meet regularly with Suzuki faculty.
- Collaborate with Suzuki faculty for semester group classes, recitals, and special events.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Explore opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Potential opportunities to work with the school’s community and summer programs.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Minimum Suzuki Book 4 certification required.
START: Fall 2020
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over 900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra, music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications.