POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced Suzuki guitar instructor to join a collaborative and growing Suzuki community. The current string department consists of twenty-four faculty members who teach private lessons, coach chamber music, and run orchestra sectionals. The Suzuki program encompasses five teachers with over 70 students.
- Teach private lessons and group classes based on department needs with the flexibility of teaching online or in-person lessons.
- Meet regularly with Suzuki faculty.
- Collaborate with Suzuki faculty for semester group classes, recitals, and special events.
- Attend annual faculty meetings and open houses.
- Explore opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Potential opportunities to work with the school’s community and summer programs.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Minimum Suzuki Book 4 certification required.
START: Fall 2021
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over 900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra, music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references by email to email@example.com