1. Instruct/ rehearse string orchestras for Andover’s three middle schools.
2. Instruct weekly string lessons as assigned Andover’s elementary schools.
3. Work with other music teachers to coordinate curriculum, events and concerts.
4. Conduct orchestras for performances, in and out of the school day, throughout the school year.
5. Instruct general music classes if needed
6. Position requires transportation between buildings during the school day.
7. All other required duties as requested.
1. Massachusetts certification, Music (General, Instrumental, Choral) K-12.
2. Training and/ or academic course work in instrumental music education.
3. Previous elementary and middle school teaching preferred.
4. Functional proficiency on all stringed instruments (violin, viola, cello and bass).
5. Highly proficient on at least one orchestral stringed instrument (violin, viola, cello or bass).
6. Positive, energetic, and flexible approach to a process-based and inclusive style of instruction/ rehearsal.
Andover Public Schools (APS) seeks candidates who embody our ethos, which includes valuing the identities of all students, high expectations for all students, teaching excellence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and responsibility. APS is committed to hiring and supporting a racially and ethnically diverse faculty and staff. Racially and ethnically diverse teachers produce a myriad of positive outcomes for all students, especially the most historically marginalized students.