POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced piano instructor to teach students of all ages and abilities. This is an opportunity to take over a current teacher’s studio as well as to build a studio with students new to Powers. The current piano department includes thirteen faculty members who teach private lessons, group classes, and chamber music.
- Teach private lessons
- Teach group classes and ensembles, based on department need
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience
- Documented successful teaching experience
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues
START: Summer or Fall 2022
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing
together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over
900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early
childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra,
music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for
strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: $48-$55 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Meghan Miller