Brimmer & May School is looking to add to our staff of After School Music teachers, who will teach half-hour trumpet and trombone lessons on weekdays after school to students of varying ages and skill levels. Individuals hired for this position are independent contractors.
• Schedule and workload TBD based on interest. Availability on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (or a subset of those days) between 3 and 5:30 p.m. from now through May 2023, preferred.
• Lessons take place on Brimmer & May's Chestnut Hill campus, conveniently located on the MBTA green line.
• Students generally take 20 to 24 lessons per academic year.
• Rate of pay is $30 per half hour lesson.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience teaching beginners and intermediate students between the ages of 8-13
• Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners
• Teach weekly private lessons
• Employ methods that motivate students
Candidates will be required to undergo a background check and fingerprinting prior to employment. Interested candidates should forward a resume to After School Music Director Alex Ostergard, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include availability and two references.