POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced fiddle instructor with outstanding abilities to teach students of all ages. The current string department is comprised of twenty-two faculty members who teach private lessons, coach chamber music, and run orchestra sectionals.
- Teach private lessons.
- Teach group classes based on department need.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Explore opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Potential opportunities to work with the school’s community and summer programs.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Ability to teach multiple styles (Americana, bluegrass, jazz, international traditions) preferred.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
START: Fall 2018
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over 900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra, music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications.