St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
The Middle School music and band teacher will teach one section of general classroom music, small group wind and percussion lessons, and the sixth, seventh, and eight grade bands. The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated effectiveness in teaching middle school music, broad knowledge of wind and percussion instruments, and a history of success in concert band performance with middle school students. A full description of the fine arts program, including music, is available here on the school website.
• Experience teaching middle school music and conducting concert band
• Academic and current performance background and training in their
• Ability to play and teach many wind and percussion instruments well
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor
• An understanding of music technology as it relates to middle school
All members of the faculty at St. John’s are expected to give witness to our mission and to our identity as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School. In addition to classroom teaching responsibilities, St. John’s encourages all members of the faculty to be involved in the life of the school beyond the classroom. The school offers a wide range of co-curricular, intramural and interscholastic programs. For more information about the academic, spiritual, and student life programs please visit our website.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Posted July 2018